Happy Friday it is so cold today after a long beautiful week in the 50's and above. It's time for a little comfort food while I contemplate what seeds to start next.
This is the BIG ~ Mini project we had been putting off due to weather and just pure plain busyness. In our exuberance and excitement over 70 degree weather we transplanted some seedlings too early and didn't heed the cool evening/morning temps nor our strict watering regimen. MY BAD!! **blush ~ blush** I thought it would work out better for me and my two cohorts (hubby and daughter) if we devised a system that could take full advantage of the not so unusual bipolar Minnesota warm then freezing weather without killing all our precious transplants in the process. So since we have ample garden and yard space we took on the task of a greenhouse. I always hear rave revues about this system and truthfully it has been working on a micro level wth the milk jugs so I figured why not? Take a look at the pictures and see for yourself the end result. DIRECTIONS ON HOW TO BUILD YOUR OWN COMING SOON.
We're gearing up for this year's Chicken Keeping In the City Classes and we hope you'll join us online for a personable presentation that meets the backyard fowl permit requirements for the City of Minneapolis. Pre-register for our Saturday classes starting January 22nd through May 28th. The cost is just $25 per household so the kiddos can join too! Visit our booking page for more information. *Please note that the fee for this class is non-refundable. We can accommodate up to 10 participants per session and there are 2 sessions per available Saturday. If you know you'll miss your class date ahead of time, please send us a message a minimum of 12 hours before class begins to inquire about rescheduling. We'll do our best to make alternate arrangements to accommodate you.
Got Mint? Got Basil? Got a flare for nummy asian deliciousness? We do in this house so our summer spring rolls hit the spot for a quick meal to beat the heat in the kitchen. First assemble your ingredients (fresh herbs and lettuce) from the garden before the heat of the sun beats you down. You then proceed to wash and rough chop these ingredients. Dice, or shred your choice of meats or you could even use tofu (yum), prepare your rice noodles by dipping into hot water for a couple of minutes then chill in ice water and drain. Do the same to your rice wrapper only it should take about 30 to 40 seconds or until pliable. I make a sauce to spread on the wrapper before assembling with hoisin, peanut butter, soy sauce, chili garlic paste, lemon juice and a touch of honey. I spread this on the wrapper, add noodles, herbs and/or veggies, meat or tofu then I wrap pretty much like a burrito. I make a dipping sauce with finely shredded ginger, water,lemon juice, sugar and hot garlic chili paste. T...
Comments
Post a Comment