Happy Friday it is so cold today after a long beautiful week in the 50's and above. It's time for a little comfort food while I contemplate what seeds to start next.
This is the BIG ~ Mini project we had been putting off due to weather and just pure plain busyness. In our exuberance and excitement over 70 degree weather we transplanted some seedlings too early and didn't heed the cool evening/morning temps nor our strict watering regimen. MY BAD!! **blush ~ blush** I thought it would work out better for me and my two cohorts (hubby and daughter) if we devised a system that could take full advantage of the not so unusual bipolar Minnesota warm then freezing weather without killing all our precious transplants in the process. So since we have ample garden and yard space we took on the task of a greenhouse. I always hear rave revues about this system and truthfully it has been working on a micro level wth the milk jugs so I figured why not? Take a look at the pictures and see for yourself the end result. DIRECTIONS ON HOW TO BUILD YOUR OWN COMING SOON.
Fresh baked sourdough can't be beat. I mean it can be kneaded, punched, and folded but never beaten in the flavor department. Several months ago I binge watched Julia Child's Master Chef series and low and behold there was a chef there demonstrating beautiful handmade traditional artisan breads. Specifically sourdough, from the creation of sourdough starter, to baking a beautiful loaf. Those closest to me know that I've had many a bubbly, yeasty, brewing jar of fermented yum yums around my home. However, after actually making the starter for my own sourdough creations; I could not find the time nor will power to "get my bake on". [life took over] Thank God ferments are living beings that need a break from time to time and don't mind being tucked away in the back of a very cold fridge. Which, is exactly what happened to a very large jar of starter I'd previously made months ago. I'm talking at least four months.... To be quite honest I'd forgo...
My mother, brother, husband, children, best friend, and anyone else who spends a little time with me know full well how much I love yogurt, cheese, fermented foods and drinks. I try not to be pushy with it, but sometimes I just get so darn excited about a "new" (to me) find that I just want to pass on something good. Just so you know, today is one of those days! My daughter and I have had all out stomp down arguments because previous attempts at making the aforementioned yogurt failed big time. We bought the fancy "starters", we tried crock pots, pricey milks, and heating pads. We searched for the best yogurt machines which only led to more arguing resulting in creating a loose smelly mess. I now know that the problem we had is a problem many others have; we over think things. Yogurt has been made and consumed for eons, or at least as far back as 2000 BCE [according to Wikipedia]. Yogurt or Yoghurt is a Turkish word meaning " curdled or coagulated; to thi...
Comments
Post a Comment