Potato Leek Soup with BACON

I couldn't resist making this hearty dish. The leeks had begun going to seed and the potato's were on sale. This is a great combination from garden to plate that the big and little people of our home have jumped on pirahna style. This spring I made sure to sow the leeks successively in a couple places.
I plan on saving money and adding more classic bold flavoring to our meals one stalk at a time. Besides harvesting the leeks we've been enjoying the sweetest peas, abundant chard, greens, kale, and even the tat tsoi. Soon we will have abundat tomatoes [I hope]. So far there are two actual fruit on the vine that I've spotted. I have yet to do an inspection today but as my fellow gardeners can attest a day can make a whole lot of difference. Already I can see from the window a host of ripe raspberries ready for the picking. We made a dent in the picking yesterday but I can see there is more to do. With that being said I will update you on my results later. Happy Planting or Harvesting!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Community Garden Day with Fresh Food on 4th

Eat your backyard

Updated 2023 Chickens In City Class Schedule