Pickle pickle pickle relish...

Look at some of the bounty we recieved today from the concrete beet farm. I'm kicking myself for not taking a picture of the extra share items before processing them but I've been waiting for pickling day since our sour mexican gerkins turned out to be a disappointing waste of time. I can say with some sense of assurity that I will not attempt them again. This is my first year attempting relish. Though it's not as green as the relish found at the grocery store I am excited to try my favorite pickled item on a nice beef hotdog or maybe even a bratt. I'm so excited about CSA's this year and utilizing them to feed my family s well as help out some young famers in the process.... But more about that later because the kale has yet to be processed and the pesto I made from the basil needs to be frozen. 
Happy harvesting and a good night to you,
Tina

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Community Garden Day with Fresh Food on 4th

Eat your backyard

Mini Green House (1)