More winter sowing

As we get closer to our last frost date somewhere around and hopefully after May 21st, I thought I would get a jump on some annual herbs and summer squash by winter sowing. Don't think it's too late to start your plants using this method. Save some pain in your back and legs and your wallet by letting Mother Nature do the work for you. I am always amazed to see the plants emerge in their white, clear, and even green plastic bottles and clam shells. I thought for sure I was going to lose the tomatoes and peppers with such a cold spring, but they are up and starting to take off. In a couple weeks we should be enjoying some warmer weather and I will be venting and thinning back seedlings so check back for more pictures of our winter sowing adventures.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Community Garden Day with Fresh Food on 4th

Eat your backyard

Mini Green House (1)