Staying Focused

What an awfully long winter we have been having. I have had a hard time staying on topic for this blog. Mainly sticking to the gardening aspect of it with so many months of down time now. Well today I have been moving ever closer to my winter sowing project. I will begin putting out the brassicas soon (i.e. cabbages, brussel sprouts, cauliflower, and broccoli). To which I will also be adding leeks, and a few different types of winter squash. The squash did very well last year using this method. I decided to start a little earlier so I can get fruits faster.

Since we are on the subject of winter sowing now, have any of you started planning for your spring planting? If so what method of seed starting has worked for you in the past? Any new methods you've considered? As the weeks progress I will be getting busier and busier preparing for the arrival of spring. I plan on building a cold frame and expanding on the hooped green house I built last year with the assistance of my lovely daughter and handsome husband. I will post lots of pictures of these projects and my list of winter sown vegetables and flowers, so please check back often. For more information on winter sowing  in your area go to: http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/wtrsow/

Peace, Blessings, and Happy Growing!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Community Garden Day with Fresh Food on 4th

Updated 2023 Chickens In City Class Schedule

Eat your backyard