Pickle Crazy!!

 Dill Pickles, Spicy Dills, Pickled Peppers, Pickled Green Tommy Toes, Pickled Pears, and Pear Preserves were all bubbling in the hot water bath all day. With the help of my lovely assistant and daughter Ebony, I washed, peeled, sliced, spiced, and sweetened jars from 10:00 A.M. to 8:00 P.M. I have not been this tired since giving birth to one of my children. My feet hurt, my back aches, my arms are on fire..... Sometimes I forget that I have an myopathy and that I can't do everything my feeble mind tells me I can. However, getting off that subject I am so satisfied to have completed this mega batch of cucumbers. Last week I thought you know what didn't' come up in the garden this year? Cucumbers!. I then proceeded to buy as many as my $15 dollars would allow they vendor to give me. It turned out to be a pretty large bag full of "My Choice". Today I'm thinking "What was I thinking?".  I have weeded a mountain of weeds and clipped another small mountain of yellowing leaves from the tomato plants, and then proceed to purchase raw items that need processing in some form or fashion. Well now that bedtime is literally minutes away, I can reflect on the day and assure you that I will hesitate if someone offers me cucumber or pickles any time soon. As far as tomorrow and what it brings, **whimper** *whimper** I have a fourth of a box of pears to either pickle, preserve, or give away. LOL The family won't want to give them away, but I don't know if I have the strength to boil another jar so soon. We'll just have to wait and see what tomorrow brings when we get there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Community Garden Day with Fresh Food on 4th

Eat your backyard

Mini Green House (1)