OH DEER WHEN WILL THE RAIN END?

This has been the mot schizophrenic weather here in Minnesota this year. We finally get snow and record amounts at that followed by an early thaw and almost 80 degree weather in April. Now our May has been record lows with rain and even snow.........
Well, in spite of the colder conditons I have still managed to split and/or share rasberries, borage, red russian kale, pepper mint(which I should have grown in a pot), and mustard greens. The majority of our cabbage plants have been eaten or died but we have one still holding on strong. The cold weather has helped the cruciferous veggies. Although the purple cauliflower has been bitten up thank God I have extras to go in. In no time we will have tall fat brussel sprout stalks. This year I won't pull them up so soon. They love the cold and even tolerate a little snow. I can smell the picle brine already! As far as my friend the deer, she was hanging out at Fort Snelling Park near the road. Nothing spooked her, and we even saw two of her sisters, a gang of turkeys, a snapping turtle, and a freshly killed garden snake. I LOVE NATURE.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Community Garden Day with Fresh Food on 4th

Eat your backyard

Updated 2023 Chickens In City Class Schedule